Sleep Dentistry Treatment in Blackburn
What Is Sleep Dentistry?
Sleep dentistry is a simple process where medication is administered to a patient to help them relax during a dental procedure. There are different levels of sedation used as part of sleep dentistry, and the type we will utilise for your treatment depends on various factors. Our dentists will evaluate your oral health history, the type of procedure you require, and the severity of your anxiety before deciding on the level of sedation needed.
Levels of sedation include:
- Minimal sedation
- Moderate sedation
- Deep sedation
- General anaesthesia
Benefits Of Sleep Dentistry
Don’t let fear control your dental health. Suffering from dental phobia can be frightening and often prevents you from obtaining a perfect set of pearly whites. With sleep dentistry, you can bypass the stress and discomfort of undergoing treatment and attain efficient and fast results.
The many benefits of sleep dentistry include:
- A relaxed state during treatment
- An increased level of comfort
- Better cooperation between patient and dentist
- Limited or no memory of the procedure
- Advanced dental care
Sleep dentistry is ideal for the following procedures:
Why Might I Need Sleep Dentistry?
Sleep dentistry is suitable for patients who have a genuine fear of the dentist or have increased anxiety that prevents them from undergoing professional dental care required to restore their oral health.
If you experience any of the following complications, you may need sleep dentistry services:
- A low threshold for discomfort or pain
- Low tolerance to needles, especially in the mouth
- A bad gag reflex
- Sensitive gums or teeth
- A fear of dentists – this may be due to a bad experience in the past
- Jaw problems that make it difficult for you to keep your mouth open for a long time
- The need for prolonged dental care that is stressing you out
Sleep dentistry can help to calm your nerves while you receive professional dental care. If you feel as though you may require sleep dentistry for your next dental procedure, contact our team at Focus Dental Group today.
Sleep Dentistry Cost
Focus Dental Group Are Your Sleep Dentistry Professionals
Throughout our experience in the dental industry, we have realised that many patients reject necessary dental treatments based on fear and extreme anxiety. Often, this leads to more complicated issues that start to impact the functionality, aesthetic appearance, and hygiene of the teeth.
At Focus Dental Group, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care as we will work with you to find a suitable solution to your dental worries. We guarantee that our services will alleviate your concerns and help you overcome your dental fears to undergo dental treatment without any stress. Furthermore, our dental clinic will work with you to create a one-on-one treatment plan that works on your dental anxieties.
There are many reasons as to why you should choose us for your sleep dentistry needs, including:
- A professional dental clinic environment
- Dentists with experience in sleep dentistry
- Personalised services for all patients
- Trusted professionals in all areas of dentistry
- Each dental procedure is performed with precision
- Sleep dentistry will ensure you do not suffer from increased anxiety or subjected to any discomfort
We offer services in the areas of Burwood, Doncaster East, Forest Hill, Box Hill North, Nunawading and more. For more information on why you should choose the team at Focus Dental Group for your next dental treatment or for sleep dentistry purposes, contact us today.